Image via Wikipedia
Where are your customers?
Where can you REACH them most cost effectively?
What are they watching, reading, listening to?
Budget – Marketing Budget as a rough rule of thumb is 10% of Sales
Reach – don’t try to talk with too many prospects / customers
Frequency – make sure to repeat your message frequently enough within the set purchase cycle, e.g.: twice per month
Continuity – and pursue your dialogue for long enough, e.g. 6 month campaign
The top 10 marketing tactics for reaching an audience for SME’s are*: (mainly B2B Professional Services and Industrial companies)
*The individual circumstances of each organization may alter the order of this list drastically and the list below is a guide only. As an example, for a small new manufacturing business, Packaging may be their only marketing vehicle and can be used with great success if it is designed correctly.
- Physical – Industry Associations, Trade Shows, BNI, etc
- Virtual (Social Media: LinkedIn, Facebook, etc)
2. Website / Blog, Online Video
3. Search Engine Marketing
- Paid Search / Pay Per Click
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Banner Ads
5. PR – Traditional and Online
6. Direct Mail
7. Point of Sale (for Retailers and Small FMCG Manufacturers)
9. Trade Press / Local Paper / Niche Magazines
10. Outdoor and Out Of Home / Ambient