OUR STRATEGY FOR YOU
Not having a marketing strategy is a recipe for disaster. A failure to plan is a plan for failure. At The Marketing Network, we aim to deliver the greatest possible return on your marketing investment and hence always begin by examining the existing marketing strategy or developing a new marketing strategy together with our clients.
What are the best strategies to promote my products and services?
A Marketing Strategy provides the objectives for your Marketing Plan. The Marketing Strategy is shaped by the company’s overall business goals and provides SMART objectives:
Important elements that comprise the final marketing strategy consist of:
- Market Research
- Market Feasibility Studies
- Marketing Audits
- Brand Positioning & Strategy
- Sales Analysis & Forecasting
The resulting marketing strategy is usually expressed in the form of a Marketing Plan and a Communication Plan.
A marketing strategy should not be revised until the company’s objectives have been achieved or the competitive situation has changed significantly enough to warrant a change. Many problems in small and large businesses arise from marketing strategy being changed before it is necessary. The Marketing Strategy wrongly changes for the following reasons:
- Whim of the owner or Managing/Marketing Director – they get bored with it.
- A new Marketing Director or Manager – a new Marketing Consultant or Advertising Agency often changes the strategy to show who’s boss, regardless of whether the strategy is right or not.
- The seeming lack of results generated by the marketing strategy causes them to panic and change before understanding what is working and what isn’t.